Wednesday 27 January 2016

Top 5 Wednesday || Disappointing Eye Candy


I judge books by their cover. 100%. I'm only a little ashamed to admit it. Because damn there are some lovely covers out there. However, sometimes the outsides and insides don't match. And I'm not just talking about the crying shame that is every 90s fantasy book I've ever seen.

But sometimes, the pretty cover is the best thing the book has going for it.

Here's my Top 5 Disappointing Eye Candy (or books that looked beautiful, but I didn't like).


1. Trial By Fire (Worldwalker #1) by Josephine Angelini
I love this cover. Look at this cover. It is so epic looking. But Trial By Fire was only a mediocre read for me. I won't be reading the rest of the trilogy. [Read my mini-review.]

2. Zodiac (Zodiac #1) by Romina Russell
Ugh, SPACE. Look at it! The cover is so gorgeous. And the cancer symbol in the "o" of Zodiac. I love it. But this book was most just a mess for me. Bizarrely unnecessarily complicated and too superficial. [Read my full review.]

3. Ink (Paper Gods #1) by Amanda Sun
LOOK AT THIS COVER. All the covers in this series are amazing, tbh. But this book was so so so bad. [Read my full review.]



4. More Than This by Patrick Ness
The hardcover of this book is SO LOVELY. With the little cut-out door and the contrast and UGH. I'm really glad I got this from the library instead of buying it though, because I'd have a hard time letting it go it's so pretty. But mostly this book was a mess. [Read my full review.]

5. Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn
This one is probably a case of "it's not you, it's me", but this book was not my thing. The cover is gorgeous though. What a shame. [Read my mini-review.]


And there you have it! My disappointing (but lovely looking) books. Have you read any of these? What books would you add to this list? Let's chat in the comments!