Tuesday 19 January 2016

Top 10 Tuesday || Recently Added to My TBR


Top 10 Tuesday is, as always, brought to you by The Broke and The Bookish. This week: Recently Added to My TBR.

I'm really bad about adding books to my TBR, and by that I mean I do it way to easily. If something sounds interesting to me, I'm pretty much in. I check the reviews sometimes, and the overall ratings, and I've tried to be more discerning about just adding whatever I want--but those stats and reviews can be misleading. I also try to see if my library has a copy or not, because I'm really trying not to buy a million more books this year.

But despite my best efforts, I still have a huge TBR list on Goodreads. It's over 300 books. Sigh.

Anyway, here are the most recent additions to that list:


1. Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine
I've had my eye on this for a while now, but never officially added it to the TBR until recently. But come on, a dystopian centered around the Library of Alexandria? Please.

2. Last Song Before Night by Ilana C. Myer
This was on a recommended list based on some other books I've added and I was intrigued by the idea of magic through song.

3. The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library #1) by Genevieve Cogman
With a world-jumping premise that reminded me of V.E. Schwab's A Darker Shade of Magic and librarian spies, what's not to love?



4. Starflight (Starflight #1) by Melissa Landers
Sci-fi space fugitives who are distrustful of each other but have to work together in order to survive? I'm in.

5. These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks #1) by Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas
This is pitched as  Jane Austen meets X-Men and I literally didn't need to know one single other thing about this before adding it to my TBR.

6. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
This doesn't even have a cover yet... it's not due out until September. But holy smokes I cannot wait. It's set up typically--a princess is shipped off to a foreign land to marry a prince--but then she falls in love with the prince's sister instead. Heck yeah.



7. The Incarnations by Susan Barker
"Who are you? you must be wondering. I am your soulmate, your old friend, and I have come back to this city of sixteen million in search of you." Done done done and done. I am here for this.

8. The Rook (The Checquy Files #1) by Daniel O'Malley
Amnesia plotlines, supernatural creatures, political conspiracies. Sounds great!

9. Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
With a backdrop of the civil rights movement, this promises to be poignant and probably heartbreaking. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it.

And there we have it. (Yes, I am going with 9 instead of 10 just so I can have nice groups of 3, shush.) Have you read any of these? What are some of the books you've most recently added to your TBR? Let's chat in the comments!