Sunday 17 January 2016

RYBSAT TBR


Read-Your-Bookshelf-A-Thon (aka RYBSAT) Round 7 runs January 19-25 and was started by Miranda @ BooKss101. (See the official twitter here as well.)

The idea is simple: pick a spot on your bookshelf and start reading. Once you finish a book, pick up the next one in order and continue throughout the week. You can skip over sequel books in a series if you need to though.

It's such a fun idea for a readathon and I've participated quite a few times in the past, so I knew I had to give it a go again this time around.

I took a good hard look at my shelves to try and decide where to start, and I think I've figured it out.


I'm going to start off with Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini. I've had this book on my shelf for a while now and it's just time to get around to it. Plus, I really like the idea of alternate worlds, so I hope this ends up being fun.

We're skipping the Everworld books because I've read them already and moving on to Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. The premise here seems to be sort of reincarnation/time travel/something? I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds intriguing!

Then I'm going to try out Rachel Bach's Fortune's Pawn. I've heard good things about this one and I'm in the mood for some exciting sci-fi, so hopefully this hits the spot!

I doubt I'll get to The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi, but you never know. This is post-apocalyptic speculative fiction set in the same world as his Ship Breaker duology, which I read book one of and thought it was okay. I've heard there's more done with the world here, so we'll see!

And that's my TBR! I'm hoping to read at least two books this week, maybe all four if I'm really ambitious, but I'm not sure. I'm suffering from a dreadful cold right now and it's sapping all my energy.

Have you participated in RYBSAT before? Are you giving it a go this time around? What books do you want to get to next on your own shelves? Let's chat in the comments!