Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Wrap Up & October TBR



Yowza! I've surpassed yet another reading goal for this year! This is actually bordering on insanity right now. I've upped my goal again to 88--which might seem like a random number, but there's a method to this madness, I swear. Before this year, I'd only ever topped out at 44 books in one year. That had been my maximum. So, the new goal 88 will be exactly double! Aah!

Also, I have an IRL friend who told me in June she was sort of competing with me, trying to read just as many, if not more, books than I was. We're friends on Goodreads too, so I've been keeping an eye on her challenge. Before, she was always a handful of books behind me, but now I'm only one book ahead of her! Better get reading!!

BOOKS READ


Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown 
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han 
Reality Boy by AS King 
The Last Werewolf (The Last Werewolf #1) by Glen Duncan 
Shattered Souls (Souls #1) by Mary Lindsey 
Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronciles #1) by Jessica Spotswood 
The Gathering Storm (Katerina #1) by Robin Bridges 
Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn 
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 

CHALLENGE UPDATES
GOODREADS: 78/88 [+9]
ALPHABET: 20/26 [+0]
SERIES: 9 complete [+0]; 8 ongoing [+0]

NOTABLE POSTS
OCTOBER TBR
FROM THE LIBRARY:

FROM MY BOOKSHELF:
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Old Man's War (Old Man's War #1) by John Scalzi
Landline by Rainbow Rowell

A number of the Goodreads groups I'm part of this month are reading books that are either on my shelves, or that I really wanted to read anyway. So I actually have a reasonable goal for my TBR this month.

Another book that I want to read but doesn't exactly fit into these two categories is The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I'm borrowing a copy of it from a friend and it's been calling to me these past few days. So I'd like to read it in October!

How did your September reading go? What was your favourite book? What are your plans for October? Got any spooky books to recommend? Let's chat in the comments!