Thursday 3 July 2014

June Wrap Up & July TBR


So. For the first time ever I actually had to increase my yearly reading goals because
I READ 50 BOOKS.
I did not up the challenge to 100 books because I don't think there's any way I can keep this up for the next 6 months. Summer will hopefully be productive reading, but I do have to prep all new classes for my teaching assignment in the fall. AND I'm house hunting. So, who knows.

BOOKS READ


Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3) by Laini Taylor 
Sabriel (Abhorsen #1) by Garth Nix 
Lirael (Abhorsen #2) by Garth Nix 
Abhorsen (Abhorsen #3) by Garth Nix 
Proxy (Proxy #1) by Alex London 
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne 
Slated (Slated #1) by Teri Terry 
Steelheart (Reckoners #1) by Brandon Sanderson 

CHALLENGE UPDATES
GOODREADS: 54/75 [+8]
ALPHABET: 19/26 [+0]
SERIES: 8 complete [+2]; 5 ongoing [-1]

NOTABLE POSTS
JULY TBR
So I had a slower reading month this month because my personal life sort of got crazy. And then the librarians at my school (my sister included) are huge book pushers and convinced me to take out 6 books over the summer. And I just ordered 9 books from Book Outlet because I needed to do some retail therapy.

I have a lot of reading to do, is what I'm saying.

I've felt a little overwhelmed by the volume of books on my physical shelf. And sometimes that translates into being a bit paralysed when it comes to choosing my next read. The TBR Jar I made this month has really helped with that, so I feel like I'll be using it a lot in the coming months.

That said, here's an idea of what I'm hoping to get around to either this month or next. We'll see.

FROM THE LIBRARY:
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

FROM MY BOOKSHELF:
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

How did your month go? What are your summer reading plans? Let's chat in the comments!