Saturday 5 July 2014

June Book Haul


As I've alluded to previously, my personal life got crazy in June. First, it's the last month of school and everyone (8th graders and teachers included) go a little mad in anticipation of summer. But before that there are the dreaded final exams. Which are hell to mark.

Then, because it's June, every sub-group at school wants to have a year end party. I went to three separate parties in one week. It was fun, but exhausting.

And then, I sort of got thrown into a house-hunting scramble because my landlady decided to give me notice on the apartment I'm renting from her. I have until September 30 to find a new place to live. It was really sudden and through no fault of mine (she wants her son to move in for college), so I basically spent a week crying. And now am looking at properties to buy because I figure I'm a grown up now and should own property.

So all of that combined lead to a bit of retail therapy. In the form of books. Oops?

Value Village
TBR Pile


I actually really like book hunting at Value Village, because even though it's hit or miss, sometimes you can snag some amazing finds. I've never read this classic, so I decided to give it a try.

Classroom Library


All of these books were in great shape and will make a nice addition to my little classroom library. (Though, I may have to curate my collection a bit since I'm teaching senior high in the fall instead of grade 8!)

BookOutlet
Already Read

I have a copy of this book already, but I let a friend borrow it quite a while ago and she shows no signs of returning it any time soon. So I wanted a replacement copy because I've been thinking I'm overdue for a reread of this!

TBR Pile


... Oops?

Most of my justification for this is that I was sad, they were cheap and on my TBR for the most part anyway.

Also, moving into a new place will mean more bookshelves, right?

Haha. Sorry not sorry.

Anyway! What did you pick up this month? Have you read any of these? Let's chat in the comments!