Monday 23 June 2014

Monday Mix || The Neighbourhood


I'm going to mix it up again this Monday (haha, see what I did there). This post is going to highlight not only a band I've been listening to a lot recently but also a website I love for music listening.


I'm sure I first heard of The Neighbourhood because of some 8tracks mix I was listening to. Sometimes when I'm listening to random mixes, a song will catch my attention and I'll write it down somewhere to explore further.

However, as I'm sure you know, liking one song doesn't always mean you'll like the rest of a band's music. I used to go through iTunes or LastFM and look at popular tracks and listen to them and try and decide that way. Sometimes that can be a lot of work.

Enter the website I want to plug: The Best Of.


The Best Of lets you type in any band or artist and it generates a Grooveshark playlist of the top 10 or so tracks from that group. No more hunting and searching. It's pretty much my new favourite thing on the internet.

So, what are you waiting for? Follow the link to hear more!


(Some of my favourites include: Sweater Weather, Afraid and How.)