Monday 30 June 2014

Monday Mix || Bound By My Own Disposition


You may have already figured it out, but I am a huge geek. And I'm pretty proud of it too. I occasionally take my students by surprise by debating with them the finer points of various geekery. It's pretty great.

In 2009 the Star Trek movie franchise was rebooted. I saw that movie once a week, every week for the entire month of May. (N E R D.) It rekindled my love for the franchise as a whole and science fiction in general. I spent pretty much that whole summer reading all the Star Trek novels I could get my hands on.

It was kind of a big deal.

Now, while I have since taken issue with some of the things surrounding the reboot (and if you're even remotely part of the fandom, you'll know what I'm talking about) that doesn't diminish my love for the characters.

So have a mix from 2009.


A mix for the triumvirate.