Monday 5 May 2014

Monday Mix || No Beginning & No End


Okay, you got me. I don't just read a lot of books--I read a lot of fanfic too. And I mean a lot. There was a period through high school and university where I read fanfic exclusively.

Sorry not sorry.

If you think I have a lot of feelings about my ships, you don't even want to know how I feel about alternate universes (AUs for those familiar with the term). There's just something about picking up your favourite characters and plopping them down in a completely different scenario. It's a fun thought experiment.

And, unsurprisingly, one of my favourite fanfic tropes.

So have another Enjolras/Grantaire mix. (I swear this is it for these two after this!)

This one's a modern reincarnation mix. Still sorry not sorry.



(Tracklist, etc after the cut)



Florence + The Machine - Heavy In Your Arms

This will be my last confession
I love you never felt like any blessing
Whispering like it's a secret
Only to condemn the one who hears it
With a heavy heart


- - -

Damien Rice - Volcano

What I am to you is not real
What I am to you you do not need
What I am to you is not what you mean to me
You give me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask for the sea


- - -

Muse - Undisclosed Desires

I want to reconcile the violence in your heart
I want to recognise your beauty's not just a mask
I want to exorcise the demons from your past
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart


- - -

Editors - Bones

In the end all you can hope for
Is the love you felt to equal the pain you've gone through

Are your eyes showing off for mine
Your face in my hands is everything that I need

The system's put in place, put there to protect us
For you I'd throw a lifeline every time

- - -

Bastille - Oblivion

Are you going to age with grace?
Are you going to leave a path to trace?

But oblivion is calling out your name,
You always take it further than I ever can.


- - -

Matt Hires - Forever

Stay. Don't go
I wanna hear you telling me what
I don't know
Your silence is a mistery that
Makes me feel so
Scared we'll never make it
If we run away this time


- - -

Christina Perri - Arms

I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home


- - -

Lifehouse - Easier to Be

You make it easier to be
Easier to be me
Hard to believe

You didn't give up on me
Let myself go
You were still there
Like coming home
Coming up for air


- - -

Black Lab - Mine Again

Every day I will wait
Till you're mine again
I will die every day
Till you're mine again
There's no words to explain
No beginning and no end
I will dream, I will pray
You'll be mine again