Tuesday 1 April 2014

Seriously Series Update


The first quarter of the year is over... hard to believe! So it's time for a Seriously Series Challenge Update! This is hosted over at Reading the Paranormal.

My current running list can be found here and I'm pretty pleased with the progress I'm making overall. I knew when I started typing out my list there was no way I'd get to all of this in one short year, but I'm happy to have the goal in mind. The list will help me figure out what goes on next year's tbr. (And with the ridiculously amazing reading year I'm having so far... who knows!)

Series Started Before 2014
I broke this down into two categories: continuing (I need to read a few or the new release) and resuming (I read the first book so long ago I need to start over).

Though the latter category hasn't gotten any love from me so far, I still want to give some of them a shot.

Here's what I've managed thus far:
  • The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
    • Scarlet
    • Cress
  • The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
    • The Dream Thieves
  • The Grisha by Leigh Bardugo
    • Siege and Storm
  • The Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
    • Sapphire Blue

Series Started in 2014
This is still an overambitious list, but oh well! Too many books, not enough time.

Here's my progress:
  • Anna by Kendare Blake
    • Anna Dressed in Blood
    • Girl of Nightmares
  • The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
    • The Darkest Minds
    • Never Fade
  • Legend by Marie Lu
    • Legend
    • Prodigy
    • Champion
  • Pivot Point by Kasie West
    • Pivot Point

Overall Results
I'm pretty pleased overall. I have 3 "completed" series thus far (The Lunar Chronicles counts because book 4 doesn't come out until next year). I'm caught up on another 3 (and eagerly awaiting the next books!)

This upcoming month will add another few tallies to this list. I'm in the middle of Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop which will catch me up with The Others series. I have Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier out from the library up next which will complete The Ruby Red trilogy. And Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor is released this month and I plan to gobble that up ASAP (and that will finish the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy as well)!

I still am eyeing a number of books on the tbr pile that I really want to start soon. The Falling Kingdoms series and the Throne of Glass series especially.

I think the next quarter will be for those, but also carry a focus on the "resuming" list. Both Soulless and Cold Magic are right up at the top of that pile. And I caved recently and bought the Divergent box set, so I should probably do something about that too.

All in all, a good first quarter, I think!

Are you working on any series right now? Have you read any of these? Let me know!