Tuesday 15 April 2014

Reading Moods

I've been thinking a lot about my tbr lately. Mostly because I've been so atrociously busy since the beginning of March that I feel like my reading and blogging has suffered.

Though, looking back at my March wrap up, the reading part seems to be trucking along just fine. So it's really just been my blogging.

I've been really swamped with work and extra-curricular obligations that I haven't had time to do a lot of blogging. Oh, I still check all my subscriptions religiously, but having the drive to create content has gone by the wayside.

Thankfully, the worst is over and with Easter break just around the corner, I'll actually have some time to myself.

I think all the stress has put my brain in a weird reading mood. My April tbr was intentionally sparse because I knew that life was going to get in my way again. So I put a few library books on there and pretty much left the rest of it open.

That's turned out to be a good thing, because the past week has thrown me some curveballs. At the beginning of the week I was really craving some dark and gritty apocalypse stories. So I pulled a few off my shelf and gave them a go. (The first fell kind of flat for me, but the second was surprisingly good. But they were both exactly what I was in the mood for.)

As I was wrapping up the zombie apocalypse novel, my brain was ready to move on. "It's time for really fluffly chick-lit," said my brain.

Wait. What?

I don't read a ton of chick-lit or contemporary. It's not usually my thing and I prefer my fiction to be a bit more escapist. But uh. Okay. I snagged a book that fit this description from the library and am surprisingly eager to start it.

So not only is my brain just plain messing with me, it's been putting me on an adult fiction binge too. What is wrong with me? Who am I? 24601

Has this ever happened to you? Are you a "mood reader"? (Truthfully, this was never an expression I think I fully comprehended until this past week and a bit. Wow.)

Let's chat in the comments!