Monday 31 March 2014

March Wrap Up & April TBR


Well, I feel like I might have been a little over-ambitious in March. This was just an incredibly busy month for  me and though I managed to read a fair bit, my blogging definitely suffered because of it. April is shaping up to be just a busy, so I guess we'll see how this goes!

BOOKS READ


Winger by Andrew Smith
Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu
The Lifecycle of Software Objects by Ted Chiang
These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufmann & Meagan Spooner
Siege and Storm (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo
Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy #1) by Anna Banks
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Undead on Arrival by Justin Robinson

(The links go to my review, if applicable, and to Goodreads if not.)

CHALLENGE UPDATES
GOODREADS: 25/50 [+8]
ALPHABET: 15/26 [+4]
SERIES: 3 complete [+1]; 5 ongoing [+1]

NOTABLE POSTS

APRIL TBR
FROM THE LIBRARY:
Murder of Crows (The Others #2) by Anne Bishop
Emerald Green (The Ruby Red #3) by Kerstin Gier
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3) by Laini Taylor

FROM MY BOOKSHELF:
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K Le Guin

Setting my sights lower this month, because wow, was I overly ambitious last month! That said, I only missed out on 1 book from last month's TBR and ended up reading two unplanned books! So.

I feel like my ambitious goals put more pressure on me this month, though. I felt a reading slump coming on during the last few weekends and I managed to stave it off. But I think I need to take that as a sign to slow down. (Or maybe just plan less!)

Regardless, I'm at the halfway point for my Goodreads goal for the year, which is kind of crazy. For 3 years I've tried to read 50 books and I've always fallen short. Now, in three short months, I'm halfway there. I'm not even sure how that happened!

Badminton season is in full swing with tournaments and city playdowns, so despite the travelling, I might actually get some more use out of my Kobo this month. We'll see.

How was your March? What books are on your April TBR? Let me know!